STUD SERVICE CONTRACT
This is the contractual agreement for the breeding of:
Pomeranian Bitch: ___________________________ AKC registration #:___________________________
Owned by: ___________________________
The above-described bitch shall be bred to:
AKC registration #: ___________________________
Owned by: ___________________________
Both parties agree that this breeding is being conducted for the betterment of the Pomeranian breed.
The bitch must have good temperament, must be at least 1.5 years of age and in good health. The bitch must be brought to the stud dog for service. The stud owner agrees to keep the bitch confined and inaccessible to all dogs except for the agreed upon stud dog. The bitch will be bred on an every other day schedule (max of 3 times) for the week she resides with us, or upon her owner accompanied visits. Stud dog owner will take all reasonable precautions for the care and well being of the bitch. During the bitch's stay, she will be cared for as if she was our own.
1. The stud fee is $500.00 or the stud owner’s first pick puppy. Form of payment is the stud owner’s choice and will be decided before breeding takes place. When accepting money as payment the fee must be paid in full when the bitch is dropped off before breeding takes place. Stud fees are not refundable in whole or in part.
2. If the bitch fails to conceive, a return service at no extra charge will be given to this bitch provided the owner of the bitch notifies us after the lack of fetuses is confirmed by x-ray on or very near day 55 of the pregnancy. Stud owner will need to see written documentation of this event or speak to the vet on the phone to confirm.
3. In addition, if the bitch does not whelp at least one live puppy, then a repeat stud service will take place to the original bitch.
4. All transportation and veterinary expenses will be the responsibility of the owner of the bitch.
5. If no puppies result from the return service, this entire agreement is terminated and the stud owner is released from any further obligations! In the event this happens, and a pup was to be considered payment the Bitch Owner the $500 must instead be paid in full for the services upon a negative confirmation of the pregnancy by x-ray.
1. It is specifically agreed that the owner of the stud dog is not obligated to sign the litter registration of this litter until the stud owner has seen the whole litter in person and unless the stud fee has been paid in full.
2. The bitch owner must and will supply the names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of ALL puppy buyers to the stud owner.
3: All puppies will be sold with a mandatory spay/neuter contract and limited AKC registration. A copy of each signed contract must be provided to the stud owner. Signature of both bitch and stud owner must be present on each contract. The agreement is between Seller and Buyer; Stud Owner will be listed as a witness with no legal responsibilities.
4. Stud owner is not obligated to sign any of the puppy registration applications until buyer's names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses have been supplied and confirmed
5. Stud owner agrees that a small space on their website will be offered as a place of advertisement for the litter if the bitch owner so chooses to make use of it.
6: Litter registration fee is to be paid by the owner of the Dam, and must be sent in within one week of the puppies being born in order for their papers to come back in time for sale of the litter.
7: The puppies will not be released to their new homes until they are at least 8 weeks of age because of their small size and tendency for hypoglycemia, which can result in death.
The following requirements must be met in the case where a puppy is to be received instead of a cash stud fee:
1. Stud owner has first choice before any buyers or the owner of the bitch, of one puppy, either sex, at no earlier than 8 weeks of age with full registration included.
2. The bitch owner agrees to sign and release the puppy's registration application to the stud owner at the time of sale.
3: If the stud owner plans to sell the pup instead of keeping it, it will be sold just like any other pup in the litter on the same contract with the "seller" being the bitch owner. The buyer will be the stud owner's choice as will the selling price of the individual puppy. Stud owner will receive the full payment for the puppy but will NOT be legally responsible should there be a disagreement over refunds, health guarantees, or the return of the puppy.
4: If the stud owner plans to keep the puppy for their breeding program said puppy would be sold without a spay/neuter contract. The price listed on the contract will be equal to the price of the stud fee. In the event that the puppy is proven to be defective in absolutely any way a FULL refund of the listed price will be provided to the stud owner as payment for their stud services and the puppy will be returned to the bitch owner for re-sale to the person(s) of their choice under the same spay/neuter contract as the others in the litter.
By signing below you agree to all terms written above.
Form of payment: ___________________________ Date(s) of breeding: ___________________________
Owner of the Bitch: _________________________ Date(s) of breeding: ___________________________